Cucumber has to be one of the most under-rated vegetables in the world. The list of health benefits that come from either using, or consuming cucumbers is impressive. Here are 6 of the best benefits:
1. Stay hydrated: Can’t manage to drink enough water? Your body can’t function properly without it! How about munching on chilled cucumber? It’s 96 percent water so it compensates beautifully!
2. The potassium in cucumber can help lower blood pressure. Eating cucumber can help people struggling with unstable blood pressure by the ability to stabilize high and low blood pressure.
3. Loaded with vitamins and minerals, cucumber soothes muscle and joint pain. As an anti-inflammatory, cucumber is effective in reducing pain. It also boosts the immunity and can give you energy and keep you radiant.
4. Weight loss: Cucumbers are super-low in calories; you will notice the benefits of replacing sugary sodas, sports drinks, and juices with cucumber water, particularly if you’re trying to lose weight.
5. If you’re diabetic you can enjoy cucumbers and reap the benefits! Cucumber contains a hormone needed by the cells of the pancreas for producing insulin.
6. Healthy Skin! Cucumber water can help flush out toxins and maintain a healthy complexion. It really does work on the inside and out! It helps in revitalizing your skin and silica, the wonder mineral in cucumber, makes your hair and nails stronger and shinier.
And here’s the recipe for cucumber water: It’s so easy! Thinly slice half a cucumber and drop these into a pitcher of chilled water. You can add some fresh mint leaves or a little citrus if you like or you can simply enjoy as it is … it’s that simple.
Source: Stay Healthy TV (Youtube Channel)