Figs in combination with olive oil are commonly used as a natural remedy by the people of coastal areas. This powerful combination can effectively treat numerous health conditions, including intestinal diseases, infertility, hemorrhoids, and many others.
Here is a list of some of the health issues that figs and olive oil will help you treat:
Asthma and bronchitis
Infertility ( many women claim that this was the only thing that helped them conceive)
Why should you use figs?
The food that tops the list of calcium-rich foods are figs. This makes them the perfect alternative for people who are lactose intolerant and who are allergic to dairy products.
Furthermore, figs are abundant in fiber and therefore they have natural laxative effect. Also, figs promote healthy weight loss.
Figs are an excellent source of potassium which regulates the blood sugar levels and brings other body functions under control. This amazing fruit is also high in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids that protect you from cardiovascular diseases and heart attack.
Dried figs have the highest phenol antioxidant content than any other dried fruit. Regular consumption of 2 medium-sized figs can significantly boost the antioxidant activity in the body, according to a study.
Moreover, figs help the elimination of kidney stones, as shown in a study. Boil 6 figs in 200ml water. Consume this natural remedy on daily basis for a period of one month to get rid of kidney stones.
– Fig leaves have powerful anti-diabetic effects as they regulate the insulin levels.
– Figs can promote better sleep at night and can treat certain sleeping disorders, including insomnia due to their high tryptophan content.
– Figs are an excellent source of vitamin C. Regular consumption of figs will lighten and even out your skin tone.
– Vitamin B6 found in figs can help you treat morning sickness.
Dried figs and olive oil
40 dried figs
1. In a larger jar, put 40 dried figs and pour over some extra virgin oil. The figs must be well covered.
2. Close the jar with a lid and let it stay for 40 days. During this period, the figs will absorb significant amounts of olive oil.
3. Consume one fig before each meal to treat any of the above-mentioned conditions.